Perpetrator, Brother Kurt Munn, O.F.M., Still Alive and at Large After Criminal Investigation
Survivor to Speak Publicly Tuesday
(Trenton, NJ) – Tuesday in Trenton, a courageous survivor and attorneys from Jeff Anderson & Associates and Gianforcaro Law will:
- Reveal and discuss a lawsuit filed under New Jersey’s new Victim’s Rights Bill by a survivor who will speak publicly about sexual abuse by Br. Kurt Munn, O.F.M., a former member of the Franciscans of Friars Minor order. The survivor was abused while a minor in approximately 1972-1982 at Holy Assumption in Roebling, New Jersey, in the Diocese of Trenton. The lawsuit includes claims of negligence against the Diocese of Trenton, the parish, and the Franciscans;
- Reveal and discuss how Munn was investigated by law enforcement in approximately the late-1990s for sexually abusing the Plaintiff and other minors and is believed to have admitted to law enforcement that he sexually abused Plaintiff and other minors. Plaintiff was unable to seek justice for the abuse due to the statute of limitations until the new Victim’s Rights Bill became effective on Sunday, December 1, 2019;
- Reveal and discuss how Munn is no longer a member of the Franciscans of Friars Minor order and is believed to be alive;
- Demand Bishop David M. O’Connell of the Diocese of Trenton fully disclose the identities, histories, and current whereabouts of all clergy accused of child sexual abuse who worked in the Diocese of Trenton;
- Discuss New Jersey’s historic Victim’s Rights Bill, a new law that extends the statute of limitations and provides a two-year window for sexual abuse survivors to bring lawsuits in cases that were previously barred by the statute of limitations, no matter when the abuse occurred or how old the survivor is;
- Encourage sexual abuse survivors to come forward confidentially under the Victim’s Rights Bill.
Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 10:00 AM (ET)
Residence Inn by Marriott Hamilton
559 Route 130 North
Hamilton Township, NJ 08620
The press conference will be live-streamed via YouTube and on Facebook
In May 2019, Jeff Anderson & Associates released The Anderson Report: Sexual Abuse in the Archdiocese and Dioceses in New Jersey, which contains the names, photographs and assignment histories of approximately 300 clergy members accused of child sexual abuse. In addition, Jeff Anderson & Associates released The Anderson List: Sexual Abuse in the Boy Scouts of America (New Jersey), which provides names and locations of Boy Scout perpetrators in New Jersey.