Diocese Protected Father John Ruhl in Spite of Multiple Abuse Accusations
(Santa Ana, CA) – At a press conference Tuesday, survivors, advocates, and the law firm of Jeff Anderson & Associates will:
- Announce a lawsuit on behalf of a man naming the Diocese of Orange and Fr. John E. Ruhl as defendants. The lawsuit alleges that Fr. Ruhl sexually abused the boy at a Placentia parish.
- Discuss the lawsuit and history of Fr. Ruhl, who has now been accused of sexually abusing at least four students before being incardinated in the Diocese of Orange.
- Address troubling public safety danger and lack of information regarding the whereabouts and status of this alleged offender.
- Challenge Bishop Kevin W. Vann to publicly and permanently take action against Fr. Ruhl and to release the identities, whereabouts and files of all clergy accused of sexual misconduct that have ever associated with the Diocese of Orange, including Fr. Ruhl.
- Demand Bishop Vann release the names of all Church officials, past and present, in the Diocese of Orange, who were complicit in concealing child sex abuse.
Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 10:00 AM (PST)
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana (Orange County Airport)
201 E. MacArthur Boulevard
Santa Ana, California 92707
The news conference will be live-streamed on our website, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
For 35 years, Jeff Anderson & Associates have helped thousands of child sexual abuse survivors across the country hold their abusers and the institutions and people who protected them accountable.