Fr. John R. Shepherd, S.J.
- 1952: Alma College, Alma, CA (FRS)
- 1953: Manresa Hall, Port Townsend, WA (SEA)
- 1954-1955: Ryan Preparatory College, Fresno, CA (MF)
- 1956: Brophy College Preparatory, Phoenix, AZ (TUC)
- 1957-1958: Loyola High School, Los Angeles, CA (LA)
- 1959: El Retiro San Inigo, Jesuit Retreat House, P.O. Box 128, Los Altos, CA (SFR)
- 1960-1991: Manresa Retreat House, Azusa, CA (LA)
- 1991: Died
Fr. John R. Shepherd was ordained a Jesuit priest. Fr. Shepherd was named in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ “2018 Update to the Report to the People of God (Allegations of Sexual Misconduct by Priests Reported to Archdiocese of Los Angeles Since 2008)” in the section “Allegations Involving Priests Belonging to Religious Orders.” According to the report, allegations were brought to the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in 2015 regarding Fr. Shepherd’s sexual misconduct with minors that allegedly occurred in the 1970s and 1980s. The details of the allegations, including when and where the abuse occurred, are unknown. Fr. Shepherd is also named on the Jesuits West Province of the Society of Jesus’ “List of Jesuits from Jesuits West Province with Credible Claims of Sexual Abuse of a Minor or Vulnerable Adult” in the section “Deceased and Former California Province Jesuits with Credible Claims.” It is believed that Fr. Shepherd was never laicized and worked within several dioceses until his death.