Brian J. Brinker
In 1996, a family filed a criminal complaint with the Nassau County police and the Diocese of Rockville Center, alleging that Fr. Brian J. Brinker sexually abused a child. Fr. Brinker was the survivor’s confirmation sponsor when he allegedly sexually abused the survivor on a trip to San Francisco and Las Vegas. The Diocese allowed Fr. Brinker to remain in ministry after he completed a psychiatric test.
After a news story about the survivor’s claim was published in the early 2000s, Fr. Brinker was suspended from ministry from 2002 until 2005, when the Vatican found the claims against him to be unsubstantiated.
Fr. Brian J. Brinker was ordained a priest for the Diocese of Rockville Centre in 1988 and worked at the following locations:
- 1989-1993: St. James, Seaford, NY
- 1994-1998: Sacred Heart, North Merrick, NY (in residence)
- 1994-1999: Nassau County Medical Center, East Meadow, NY (chaplain)
- 1999-2001: Good Shepherd, Holbrook, NY
- 2002: St. Agnes Cathedral, Rockville Centre, NY
- 2003-2009: St. Pius X Residence, Uniondale, NY
- 2010: St. Pius X Residence, Amityville, NY
- 2011-2013: Unknown
- 2014: Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center, West Islip, NY
- 2015-2017: Consolation Nursing Home, West Islip, NY
- 2017: Christ the King, Commack, NY
(Sources: The Official Catholic Directory; http://www.bishop-accountability.org/ny-rockvillecentre/accused_priests.htm)