Fr. Anselm Ernest Gouveia, SS.CC.
- 1945: Ordained
- 1945-1948: St. Anthony, Wailuku, Maui, HI
- 1949-1957: Catholic Boy Scouts
- 1949-1951: St. Augustine, Honolulu, Oahu, HI
- 1952-1953: Sacred Heart Church, Kaunakakai, Molokai, HI; St. Vincent (mission), Maunaloa, HI; St. Theresa (mission), Kualapuu, HI
- 1954-1957: St. Ann, Kaneohe, Oahu, HI; Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (mission), Waikane, HI
- 1958-1962: Our Lady of Bethany Monastery, Kaneohe, Oahu, HI
- 1963-1973: St. Anthony, Honolulu, Oahu, HI
- 1974-1980: St. Augustine, Honolulu, Oahu, HI
- 1981-1981: Blessed Sacrament, Honolulu, Oahu, HI
- 1981: Died
Notes: Father Anselm Gouveia’s sexual abuse of children was prolific and known to church leaders throughout his career. He was ordained a priest of the Sacred Heart Fathers and assigned to work in the Diocese of Honolulu in 1945. Bishop Sweeny of the Diocese of Honolulu was involved in assigning Fr. Gouveia to parishes in Hawaii. Fr. Gouveia was appointed as the Novice Master in 1956. Fr. Gouveia was relocated to St. Anthony’s in Honolulu in 1963. In 1973, Fr. Gouveia was appointed as the pastor of St. Augustine’s Church in Honolulu. Here, Fr. Gouveia met and sexually abused a boy, which included acts of sodomy. Fr. Gouveia continued to function as a priest until his death in 1981. During the later years of his career, Fr. Gouveia was elevated to the prominent position of Delegate to the Provincial Council.