Father Justin K. Weger was born in 1925. Weger was ordained as a member of the Crosier Fathers and Brothers on June 7, 1952. He has worked a various parishes throughout Minnesota, Indiana, and Arizona and is included on the official list of clergy members who have been credibly accused of child sexual abuse. The Crosier List (released 03/06/2014) lists the following parishes where Father Weger was assigned:
· 1953 Summer Assistance, Our Lady of the Lake Seminary, Syracuse, IN
· 1953-54 Associate, St. Mathias, Fort Ripley, MN
· 1954-57 Crosier Seminary, Onamia, MN
· 1957-67 Pastor, St. Therese, Vineland, MN
· 1967-72 Crosier Seminary, Onamia, MN
· 1971-72 Pastor, Prince of Glory Catholic Indian Church, Minneapolis, MN
· 1972-73 Crosier House of Studies, Fort Wayne, IN
· 1973-74 Social Services Consultant, Fort Wayne Housing Authority, Fort Wayne,
· 1974-75 Weekend assistance, Diocese of Gallup (New Mexico & Arizona)
· 1975-76 Parochial Vicar, St. Mary Church, Sells, AZ
· 1977-2002 Director, Tribal Lodge, Inc., Phoenix, AZ
· 2002-05 Crosier Community of Phoenix, AZ
Father Weger spent most of his career in Minnesota and Arizona working with the Native American community. The Crosier list indicates that Father Weger’s priestly faculties were withdrawn in 1976. In 2002, he was placed under restrictions in a long-term senior living facility. He died on January 15, 2005 and the Crosiers’ Spring 2005 Newsletter reported that Father Weger retired in 2002 and moved to Carestone Assisted Living Facility in Tempe, Arizona just one year prior to his death.
Click here for an assignment history according to the Official Catholic Directories for Father Justin Weger.