Ordained June 6, 1936, Father William Marks was named by the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis on October 23, 2014 as having a substantiated claim of sexual abuse of a minor.
Father Marks worked as a pastor in both the Diocese of New Ulm and the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis from 1936-1979.
According to the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, Father William Marks worked in the following parishes:
- Associate Pastor, St. Mark, Shakopee, 1936-1938
- Associate Pastor, St. Dominic, Northfield, 1938-1940
- Administrator, Our Lady, Mannanah and St. Columban, Greenleaf, 1940
- Administrator, St. Philip, Litchfield, 1940-1941
- Associate Pastor, Guardian Angels, Hastings, 1941
- Associate Pastor, Immaculate Conception, Faribault, 1941-1944
- Pastor, St. Dionysius, Tyler, 1944-1954
- Pastor, St. John, Hector, (became part of Diocese of New Ulm in 1957) 1954-1962
- Pastor, St. Clotilde, Green Valley, (Diocese of New Ulm) 1962-1979
Father Marks died in 1979.