Louis J. Rios
In 2004, a survivor came forward alleging that she had been sexually abused by Fr. Louis J. Rios when she was a child. The survivor alleged that Fr. Rios sexually abused her at Our Lady of Esperanza Catholic Church in Washington Heights, New York, and that she became pregnant with his child.
Fr. Louis J. Rios worked at the following locations:
- 1966-1967: Assumption Prep, Worcester, MA
- 1967-1969: Assumptionist Provincial House, New York (Manhattan), NY
- 1969-1970: Assumption Prep, Worcester, MA
- 1970-1973: St. Theresa’s, New York (Manhattan), NY
- 1973-1978: Our Lady of Esperanza, New York (Manhattan), NY
- 1977-1982: Assumptionist Provincial House, New York (Manhattan), NY
- 1978-1980: Nuestra Senora del Carmen, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- 1982-1984: Assumptionist Provincial House, Milton, MA
- 1984-present: Unknown
A spokesperson for the Archdiocese of New York stated in February 2004 that Fr. Rios is believed to be dead.
(Source: http://www.bishop-accountability.org/assign/Rios_Louis_J_AA.htm; http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news/2004_02_28_Saul_15Sue.htm)