Ordained in 1954, Father James Namie was named by the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis on February 11, 2015 as having a substantiated claim of sexual abuse of a minor.
Father Namie worked in several parishes throughout the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis from 1954-1970.
According to the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, Father James Namie worked in the following parishes:
- Assistant Pastor, St. Rose of Lima, Roseville, 1954-1957
- Assistant Pastor, St. Anthony, Minneapolis, 1957-1961
- Parochial Administrator, St. Anthony, Minneapolis, 1961-1962
- Assistant Pastor, St. Mark, Shakopee, 1962-1964
- Assistant Pastor, Holy Family, St. Louis Park, 1964-1965
- Parochial Administrator, Holy Family, St. Louis Park, 1965-1966
- Assistant Pastor, Immaculate Conception, Columbia Heights, 1966-1969
- Pastor, St. Peter, Mendota, 1969-1970
- Released from his responsibilities at the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis to work as a Maronite Rite priest, 1970-1995
Father James Namie was removed from active ministry in 1970 and permanently removed from ministry in 1995. Father James died in 2010.