Father Marvin Klaers was ordained in 1950 and worked in New Ulm and Shakopee before his assignment to St. Mathias in Hampton, MN in 1965. Klaers worked in St. Paul prior to his assignment at St. Joseph’s in Miesville and St. Mary’s in New Trier. In 2002, Father Klaers retired but continued to work in parishes in the New Trier/Miesville area until at least 2013.
Father Klaers’ name was released on February 11, 2015, as one of seventeen names of priests who have been accused of sexual abuse or misconduct with a minor in the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis.
Father Klaers was assigned to the following parishes:
· 1950 – Ordained
· 1950s – Assigned to parishes in New Ulm and Shakopee
· 1965 – Assigned to St. Mathias, Hampton
· 1960s-1970s – Assigned to parishes in St. Paul
· 1975 – Assigned to St. Joseph, Miesville/St. Mary’s, New Trier
· 2002- Retired but continued working in parishes in Miesville and New Trier
· January 2012 – lived and worked at St. Patrick’s in Shieldsville/Faribault
· 2014 – Resided in Elysian, MN