Father John Jerome Boxleitner was ordained in 1956 in the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis. Father Boxleitner was accused by former priest Michael Kolar of attempted rape and Kolar alleged the experience with Boxleitner contributed to Kolar’s misconduct with minor girls in the 1970s. Boxleitner worked at Catholic Charities for 35 years. In 1989, Archdiocesan officials were informed of Boxleitner’s history of alleged abuse.
Father Boxleitner’s name was publicly released on February 11, 2015, as one of seventeen names of priests who have been accused of sexual abuse or misconduct with a minor in the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis. Fr. Boxleitner was named in a notice of claim that was submitted to the Archdiocese and its insurance carriers.
Father John Jerome Boxleitner worked in the following positions:
· Attended St. Paul Seminary and taught religion at Our Lady of Guadalupe parish in St. Paul
· 1956 – Ordained in the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis; appointed to Church of the Holy Name in South Minneapolis
· 1950s – Worked closely with youth from Catholic Boys Home, later called St. Joseph’s Home for Children
· 1950s-early 1960s - Studied social work at Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C.
· 1970s - Appointed Director of Catholic Charities in the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis (35 years)
· 1998 – Retired from Catholic Charities
· 3/17/13 – Deceased