Father Timothy Conlon was born on March 23, 1949, and ordained in 1979. Father Conlon, a priest of the Crosier Fathers and Brothers, worked in parishes in Minnesota, Michigan, Nebraska, New York and Arizona before being removed from ministry on January 25, 2014, after accusations that he committed sexual misconduct against minors were made public. Prior to his ordination, Father Conlon worked as part of a deacon internship at Holy Family Church in McGregor, Minnesota (Diocese of Duluth), in 1978-79.
Father Conlon is included on official lists of clergy members who have been credibly accused of child sexual abuse, including: a list made public by the Crosiers on March 6, 2014, a list made public by the Diocese of Duluth in 2014, and a list made public by the Diocese of Gallup in December 2014.
In 2014, the Diocese of Phoenix included Father Conlon on its list of priests of religious communities who worked in the Diocese of Phoenix that had been laicized and/or removed from ministry due to sexual misconduct with a minor. In 2014, the Archdiocese of Detroit included Father Conlon on its list of religious order clerics who worked or lived in Detroit that had been accused of and/or removed from ministry due to sexual abuse of minors. According to the Crosier’s list, the Diocese of Duluth list, the Diocese of Gallup list, the Diocese of Phoenix list and the Archdiocese of Detroit list, Father Conlon worked in the following locations:
• 1977 Summer assistance, Sacred Heart Parish, Roseville, MI
• 1978-1979 Deacon Internship, Holy Family Church, McGregor, MN
• 1979-1985 Retreat Director, Ministry Center, Hastings, NE
• 1985-1992 Campus Ministry Director, Iona College, New Rochelle, NY
• 1992-1996 Chaplain, St. Vincent’s Hospital, New York City
• 1996-2000 Pastor, St. Angela Merici Church, Bronx, NY
• 2000-2006 Vicar for Ethnic Ministry, Diocese of Phoenix, AZ
• 2003-2010 Canonical Pastor, Sacred Heart, Phoenix, AZ
• 2011-2013 St. Rafael Parish, Concho, AZ
• 2011-Jan. 2014 Administrator, St. John the Baptist, St. Johns, AZ
• Jan. 25, 2014 Removed from ecclesiastical ministry
At the time he was removed from ministry in 2014, Father Conlon was assigned to ministry within the Diocese of Gallup and was working at Arizona parishes.
On December 7, 2015, the Diocese of Duluth filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection earlier in 2015.
More information on the Diocese of Duluth bankruptcy can be found at: