Father Raymond Prybis was ordained a priest of the religious order Oblates of Mary Immaculate in 1967 and also worked in the Archdiocese of Saint Paul & Minneapolis. Father Prybis worked in schools and parishes in seven dioceses including NY, FL, MA, MI, PA, MN and Washington, D.C. Father Prybis was accused in 1992 of exposing himself to a teenage boy in the early 1980s in a Boston-area parish.
Father Prybis’s name and priest file from the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis were publicly released on January 14, 2015. Father Prybis was removed from Christ the King Retreat Center in Buffalo, MN in 2003 by his Provincial Rev. David Kalert.
In January 2004 Father Prybis was reassigned to Christ the King. Archbishop Harry Flynn voiced concerns about Prybis’s reassignment because groups of students often attended the retreat center. Flynn urged Kalert to take every possible precaution with Father Prybis and Prybis was to have no contact with students or any other retreatants. Prybis currently resides in St. Paul.
Father Raymond Prybis worked at the following locations:
· 1967-1968 – Bishop Fallon High School, Buffalo, NY
· 1968-1974 – Cardinal Newman High School, West Palm Beach, FL
· 1974-1980 – Oblate College, Washington, D.C.
· 1980-1984 – Sacred Heart, Lowell, MA
· 1984-1988 – Holy Angels, Buffalo, NY
· 1988-1989 – Immaculate Heart of Mary, Grand Rapids, MI
· 1989-1990 – St. Joseph’s, Dallastown, PA
· 1990-1993 – Immaculate Heart of Mary Novitiate – Infirmary, Tewksbury, MA
· 1993-2001 – Oblate College/Oblate Center for Mission Studies, Washington, D.C.
· 2001-2006 – Christ the King Retreat Center, Buffalo, MN