Ordained September 26, 1942, Father Harry Majerus was named by the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis on October 23, 2013 as having at least one substantiated claim of sexually abusing a minor against him.
Father Majerus served as pastor in both the Diocese of New Ulm and the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis from 1942-1987.
According to the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, Father Harry Majerus worked in the following parishes:
- Associate Pastor, St. Columba, St. Paul, 1943-1944
- Assistant Director, Confraternity of Christian Doctrine 1944-?
- Associate Pastor, Cathedral of Saint Paul, 1944
- Chaplain, St. Joseph’s Hospital, St. Paul, 1944-1946
- Associate Pastor, Annunciation, Minneapolis, 1946-1947
- Associate Pastor, Holy Redeemer, Marshall, 1947-1949
- Associate Pastor, St. Thomas the Apostle, Minneapolis, 1949
- Associate Pastor, St. Joseph, Hopkins, 1949
- Associate Pastor, St. Stephen, Minneapolis, 1949-1952
- Associate Pastor, Holy Redeemer, Marshall, 1952-1953
- Associate Pastor, Incarnation, Minneapolis, 1953-1954
- Pastor, Sacred Heart, Franklin and St. Patrick, Birch Coulee (St. Patrick closed in 1958), 1954-1966
- Various assignments in Diocese of New Ulm after its establishment in 1957
- Director of Catholic Action and Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, 1958-1966
- Pastor, St. Catherine, Redwood Falls, (Diocese of New Ulm) 1966-1971
- Leave of absence, 1971
- Associate Pastor, Mary, Mother of the Church, Burnsville, 1971-1980
- Pastor, Immaculate Conception, St. Peter, (Diocese of New Ulm) 1980-1991
- Director of the Office for Continuing Education of Priests, (Diocese of New Ulm) 1981-1987
Father Harry Majerus died in 1995.