Father Stanley Bourassa was born on April 13, 1929. Father Bourassa was a priest of the Diocese of Crookston and was ordained on June 4, 1955. Prior to ordination, Father Bourassa attended Nazareth Hall Preparatory Seminary in St. Paul, Minn., from 1947-48. He then completed his college and theology studies at St. John’s University/Seminary in Collegeville, Minn.
Father Bourassa served in parishes throughout northern Minnesota from 1955 until 1999, and also focused on Catholic education during that time. He taught at St. Joseph’s Academy in Crookston, Minn., for four years, and at Sacred Heart High School in East Grand Forks, Minn., for seven years. He was diocesan superintendent of schools from 1969-77, and diocesan vicar of education from 1977-86.
In January 2014, the Diocese of Crookston included Father Bourassa on its official list of priests who have been accused of abuse of a minor.
According to the Diocese of Crookston, Father Bourassa was assigned to the following parishes:
· 1955-57 Asst. Pastor: St. Joseph, Red Lake Falls
· 1957-61 Asst. Pastor: St. Anne, Crookston
· 1961-62 Asst. Pastor: St. Philip, Bemidji
· 1962-69 Asst. Pastor: Sacred Heart, East Grand Forks
· 1969-77 Pastor: St. Mary, Fosston; St. Lawrence, Mentor
· 1977-81 Pastor: Sacred Heart, East Grand Forks
· 1981-91 Pastor: St. Bernard, Thief River Falls; St. Ann,
Goodridge; St. Clement, Grygla
· 1991-99 Pastor: Assumption, Barnesville; St. Cecilia, Sabin
· 07/01/99 Retired
According to the Diocese of Crookston, Father Bourassa retired in 1999.
He died August 11, 2004.