Father Neil J. Emon, born November 20, 1940, was ordained on June 3, 1967 and became a member of the Crosier Fathers and Brothers.
Father Emon worked in various parishes throughout Minnesota, Nebraska, and Michigan before moving to Phoenix in 2000. Father Emon’s name was included on two official lists of clergy members who have been credibly accused of child sexual abuse, including the Crosiers list (released 10/2002) and the Diocese of St. Cloud list (updated 3/14/2014).
According to these lists, Father Emon was assigned to the following parishes:
· 1967-71 Immaculate Conception Monastery: Novitiate of the Canons Regular of the
Holy Cross (Crosier Fathers), Hastings, NE
· 1971-74 Crosier Community of Hastings, Hastings, NE
· 1974-80 Crosier Seminary, Onamia, MN
· 1978-88 Central Minnesota TEC Program
· 1980-89 St. Peter, St. Cloud, MN
· 1989-2000 St. Alfred’s Parish, Taylor, MI
· 2000-02 Our Lady of Joy, Carefree, AZ
· 2000-02 Crosier Community of Phoenix
In 1991 Father Neil Emon admitted to abusing boys in the 1970s in Onamia, MN. Father Emon was sent for treatment in 1988 when the Crosiers first learned of complaints against him and he continued to participate in on-going treatment. It was recommended that he be assigned to work in the Archdiocese of Detroit based upon a psychologist’s conclusion that Father Emon could remain in ministry.
Ministerial Status: In May 2002 Father Neil Emon was removed from ministry when additional information was received the Crosiers about abuse that occurred in the 1970s.
Current Location: Father Emon currently lives in Phoenix, AZ under a safety plan.