Father Cornelius DeVenster was born December 12, 1907, in Nijmegen, the Netherlands. He was a priest of the Crosier Fathers and Brothers and was ordained on January 8, 1933. He worked in parishes and at assignments in Minnesota, Nebraska, New York, Indiana and Ohio from 1934 until 1988.
On March 6, 2014, the Crosier Fathers and Brothers included Father DeVenster on its official list of clergy members who have been credibly accused of child sexual abuse.
According to the Crosier Fathers and Brothers, Father DeVenster served in the following parishes and assignments:
• 1934-47 Crosier Community of Hastings, Neb.
• 1947-60 Crosier Seminary, Onamia, Minn.
• 1960-68 Crosier Community of White Plains, N.Y.
• 1968-71 Crosier Community of New Rochelle, N.Y.
• 1971-73 Crosier House of Studies, Fort Wayne, Ind.
• 1971-73 Chaplain, St. Joseph Hospital, Fort Wayne, Ind.
• 1974-83 Weekend assistance, St. Mary, Van Wert, Ohio
• 1983-88 Weekend assistance, Archdiocese of St. Paul-Minneapolis
Father DeVenster died in 1988.