Ordained May 11, 1974, Father Thomas O’Brien was publicly named by the Canons Regular of the Order of the Holy Cross, Crosier Fathers and Brothers of the Province of St. Odilia (OSC) as having one or more credible claims of sexual abuse of minors in October of 2002.
According to the Crosiers, Father O’Brien worked at the following parishes:
· Deacon/Teaching, Huntington, Ind., 1972–1973
· Faculty/Dean of Students, Wawasee Prep, Fort Wayne, Ind., 1974–1975
· Crosier Seminary, Onamia, Minn., 1975–1988
· Crosier Community of Riverview, Mich., 1988–94
· Teacher & Chaplain, Gabriel Richard High School, Riverview, Mich., 1989–1994
· Provincial Econome, Shoreview, Minn., 1994–2001
· General Econome, Rome, 1999–2007
**Previously we had an incorrect picture on this site for Fr. O’Brien. The previous picture we posted did not contain the Fr. O’Brien who has been identified by the Crosiers as having an accusation of child sex abuse. We apologize about this mistake.