Father J. Vincent Fitzgerald, born December 9, 1919, was ordained in 1950 and worked at several parishes affiliated with the Diocese of Duluth, the Diocese of Crookston, and the Diocese of New Ulm.
According to the official lists of clergy members who have been credibly accused of child sexual abuse, including the Diocese of Duluth list and the Diocese of Crookston list, Father Fitzgerald worked at the following parishes:
· 11/13/1957 – 9/10/1961 Pastor: St. Michael’s, Northome, Our Lady of the Snows, Bigfork, and St. Theresa, Effie
· 9/01/1963 – 9/01/1964 Pastor: Holy Cross, Orr
· 9/01/1963 – 8/02/1966 Immaculate Conception, Nett Lake
· 8/01/1968 – 12/12/1979 Pastor: St. Catherine, Squaw Lake
· 12/12/1979 – 10/28/1983 Assistant Pastor: St. Catherine, Squaw Lake
In 2010, a man and a woman filed suit in Sioux Falls, SD against Father Fitzgerald stating that he sexually abused them in the late 1960’s. Father Fitzgerald was also named in civil suits filed in November 2013 and February 2014 against the Crookston Diocese, the Diocese of New Ulm and the Oblate Order.
Ministerial Status: Died in 2009.