Fr. Gerald Funcheon
- 1965: Ordained
- 1965: Immaculate Conception Monastery, Hastings, NE
- 1966: Priest Director of CYO Camp at Our Lady of the Lake Seminary, Syracuse, IN
- 1967: Boy Scout Chaplain, Warsaw, IN
- 1968-1969: Wawasee Prep. School, Syracuse, IN
- 1970-1975: St. Odilia’s Church, St. Paul, MN
- 1975-1976: St. Thomas Aquinas School, Ft. Lauderdale, FL; Our Lady of Martyrs, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- 1976: Military Chaplain, U.S. Air Force, Lackland Air Force Base, TX; Hospital Chaplain, Wilford Hall Medical Center, San Antonio, TX
- 1977-1979: Ramstein Air Force Base, Germany
- 1979: Crosier Community, Onamia, MN – Prefect of sophomores/freshman, Physical Education teacher, driver’s education, religion, swimming instructor
- 1980-1982: Cathedral High School and John XXIII Middle School, St. Cloud, MN; Unit Chaplain at Minn-St. Paul IAP, Air National Guard
- 1982-1984: Damien Memorial School, Honolulu, HI; Chaplain, Air National Guard
- 1984-1985: Palma High School, Salinas, CA
- 1985: Crosier Community at St. Stephen’s, Anoka, MN
- 1986: St. Ann Church, Lafayette, IN
- 1987-1990s: Terminated from the Crosier Order, incardinated into the Diocese of Lafayette, IN
- 2004: Moved to Florida, no faculties granted in the Diocese of St. Petersburg
- 2012-2018: St. John Vianney Renewal Center, Dittmer, MO
Notes: Father Gerald “Jerry” Funcheon, a former member of the Crosier Order, worked in several locations throughout the United States and Europe including Germany, Nebraska, Indiana, Minnesota, Florida, Texas, Hawaii, and California. In 1983, parents of a student at Damien Memorial High School reported to the school that Fr. Funcheon had sexually abused their son. Rather than reporting Fr. Funcheon to law enforcement, the school allowed Fr. Funcheon to remain a Chaplain and subsequently transferred him to Palma High School in Salinas, CA where he sexually abused more students.
In 1985, Fr. Funcheon was granted faculties in the Archdiocese of Saint Paul & Minneapolis. After working in Minnesota for less than one year, Fr. Funcheon’s faculties were terminated at St. Stephen’s in Anoka. In 1987, he was removed from the Crosier Order. Despite his removal, the Diocese of Lafayette, Indiana allowed Fr. Funcheon to work in their diocese and granted him faculties in 1987.
It is believed that Fr. Funcheon abused over 50 kids during his career as a priest. Dozens of survivors have come forward alleging abuse by Fr. Funcheon in Hawaii, California, Indiana, and Minnesota. Fr. Funcheon was last known to be living in Missouri and still remains a priest today.