Frederick Fox was born in 1926 and was ordained in 1952. The Diocese of Duluth included Fr. Fox on its official list of clergy members with credible allegations of child sexual abuse.
According to the Diocese of Duluth, Fr. Fox worked in the following locations:
· 7/ 30/1952 – 9/14/1956 - Asst. Pastor: St. James Church, Duluth
· 9/14/1956 – 7/5/1957 - School: Catholic University of America
· 7/5/1957 – 1/18/1965 - Asst. Pastor: St. John the Evangelist Church, Duluth
· 1/18/1965 -8/19/1970 - Director: St. James Children’s Home, Duluth
· 12/13/1970 - On Leave: to work with Family Services-Duluth Drug Abuse Program
· 6/1/1987 - Retired
· 1/28/1988 – Removed from ministry
· 6/17/1999 - Deceased
Efforts to unseal the secret documents regarding clergy sexual abuse in the Diocese of Duluth began with the first lawsuit filed in June 2013. Since then, survivors have taken numerous actions to make the files public.
In October 2015, a jury verdict was handed down against the Diocese of Duluth in a child sexual abuse case in Ramsey County involving Fr. James Vincent Fitzgerald. On December 7, 2015, the Diocese of Duluth filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
More information on the Diocese of Duluth bankruptcy can be found at:www.andersonadvocates.com/Bankruptcy