Father Louis Brouillard was born in 1921 and was ordained in 1948. The Diocese of Duluth included Fr. Brouillard on its official list of clergy members with credible allegations of child sexual abuse.
According to the Diocese of Duluth, Fr. Louis Brouillard worked at the following locations:
· 7/27/1981 – 7/11/1984 - Temporary Administrator: St. Joseph, Beroun -
· 7/11/1984 – 11/12/1985 - Pastor: St. Mary, Kewatin
· 7/11/1984 – 11/12/1985 - Pastor: St. Anne, Kelly Lake
· 11/12/1985 – Removed from ministry
· Current location: Pine City, MN
Efforts to unseal the secret documents regarding clergy sexual abuse in the Diocese of Duluth began with the first lawsuit filed in June 2013. Since then, survivors have taken numerous actions to make the files public.
In October 2015, a jury verdict was handed down against the Diocese of Duluth in a child sexual abuse case in Ramsey County involving Fr. James Vincent Fitzgerald. On December 7, 2015, the Diocese of Duluth filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
More information on the Diocese of Duluth bankruptcy can be found at: